Cashew Chicken Stir fry
I used to LOVE Chinese take out. So much so that the owner of the Chinese food restaurant in the mall I frequented in college used to greet me with my usual order from across the food court. But this version of a common take out item is healthier, delicious, and nearly just as fast! Plus you can make it in your pajamas and not have to leave for pick up. Enjoy!
1 pound chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tbs rice vinegar
1 tsp fish sauce
1/2 bell pepper
1/2 cup cashews
1 cup broccoli florets
1. Slice your chicken into thin strips and toss with the salt & pepper.
2. Setting the chicken aside, next dice your bell pepper and onions into medium chunks. If the broccoli is not already cut into florets, go ahead and chop those. Having everything chopped in advance will move this dish along quickly.
3. Heat up a large pan with some avocado oil and toss in the chicken. Cook the chicken until it’s just done and there is some light browning on both sides. About 10 min. Then scoop the chicken out and set aside
4. Next, toss in all of your veggies with some more oil and cook until the peppers and broccoli are tender. About another 10 min, depending on thickness of your veggies. Add in the cashews at about 5 min.
5. Now, whisk together the remaining spices, arrowroot, and liquids in a bowl until the arrowroot is dissolved.
6. Add sauce to the pan and thicken. The sauce should start to thicken immediately. Turn off the heat and allow to cool before serving.