~~Mexican Street Corn~~
I love grilled corn on the cob in the summer. It’s basically a have to have for the season. But, it’s even better if you make it into Mexican street corn. It’s savory, creamy, and tangy. It’s a Mexican dream boat on a plate. Serve it with burgers, al pastor tacos, or whatever you like! It’s delicious no matter the pairing!
4-6 ears of corn, shucked
1/3 cup aioli
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 cup parmesan or cotija cheese
Salt & Pepper
1 lime (optional)
1. If you haven’t already, fire up your grill to a good heat. I use a charcoal grill, so an exact temp isn’t necessary but id do at least 400 on a gas grill if that’s what you’re using. As long as it’s hot the corn will cook.
2. I buy preshucked corn, but if you dont just shuck it and have it ready to smear with the mixture!
3. Take the aioli and with a knife, spread it all around the corn.
4. Next coat the corn with whichever cheese you choose, parmesan is easy to find but cotija is the traditional cheese here.
5. Lay flat on a plate and sprinkle the top with paprika, salt, and pepper.
6. Grill the corn, rotating the pieces around until there’s a nice char but they are not burnt. It shouldn’t take longer than 15 min for the corn to be ready, give or take. Use the medium-low heat area of the grill. You don’t want it to cook too quick!
7. Alternatively, you can do this on a grill pan on the stove! But I do not recommend using an oven. The grilling of the corn is what makes this dish what it is. When the corn is done, drizzle with more aioli, cheese, paprika, and a little lime zest if you wish!