Patatas Bravas is a delicious dish native to Spain, typically served in bars as tapas. It’s simply roasted potatoes with a spicy tomato sauce of some sort. It’s absolutely divine and easy to put together! It only seems exceptionally festive, which it also is. I think it’s also a crowd pleaser so invite your friends! Then grab a Topo Chico and enjoy!
For the potatoes:
1 pound baby potatoes or 2 russet potatoes, diced into quarters
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup aioli, homemade or store bought
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp Valentina Hot Sauce (preferable, but any hot sauce will do)— adjust according to heat preference, 2 tsp is mild.
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 and dice your potatoes while the oven heats up; You can also do this in an air fryer, just omit the oil in favor of a little spray of oil and same temperature for 20 min.
2. Toss the potatoes with the salt & pepper & olive oil. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-30 min. Toss regularly so all sides are crispy!
3. Allow to cool on pan after baking
For the Sauce:
1. While the potatoes bake, mix all your ingredients together and refrigerate while you wait for the potatoes.
2. Drizzle on top of the potatoes, garnish with some green onions and limes. Then Enjoy!!