Spinach Artichoke Dip
Need an idea for a game night snack? Try my healthy spinach and artichoke dip! It’s dairy free and full of delicious spices! It’s a game changer that’s for sure👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
1 box frozen spinach
½ red onion, diced
1 can diced artichoke hearts
1 can full fat coconut milk
½ tsp minced garlic
1 tsp kosher salt
3 tbs nutritional yeast
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp red chili flakes
1 lemon, juiced or 2 tbs lemon juice
½ cup aioli, homemade or store bought
Oil for cooking
1. Dice your onion finely while you heat a pan up on the stove.
2. Add oil into the heated pan, and once the oil is heated, add in your onions. Cook until tender, about 5-8 min.
3. Next, add in your garlic and artichoke hearts. Make sure you have drained the hearts of their liquid. Cook the artichokes until you can easily break them up into smaller pieces. About 7 min.
4. If you haven’t already, squeeze out any excess liquid from the spinach in a paper towel in a bowl or sink. Then add to the pan.
5. Now, add in your can of coconut milk, lemon juice, and dry spices. The fat in the milk will help the liquid start to thicken. Cook for about 6-7 min and when the liquid has thickened turn off the heat.
6. Add in your aioli and stir to combine. Allow to cool 5 min before serving!