Banana Bread is one of my all time favorite desserts, especially on Christmas morning. I have a strong memory of eating banana bread one Christmas morning and it’s just kind of stuck with me. love the flavor and sweetness of the bananas, the moist texture of the bread, and the crunch of the walnuts. It’s easily one of the easiest things to throw together as well, at least if you’re like me and buy bananas and never eat them….so you inevitably either waste the bananas or…make banana bread!! This is just a classic banana bread take, but you could add chocolate chips, coconut, raisins, etc. Really anything you’d like to add you can! But i’m a fan of the classic walnut take. I recommend letting it cool completely before slicing. Bake this a day ahead of time and have it ready first thing in the morning this Christmas!
2 large bananas or 3 medium
1 tbs vanilla
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a standard loaf pan with a little coconut oil or butter. Line with parchment paper, folding the excess paper over the side.
2. In a large bowl, mash your peeled bananas until they are a mushy consistency and there aren’t many lumps.
3. Add your vanilla, eggs, melted coconut oil, and mix together.
4. Add the baking soda, powder, spices, walnuts, and almond flour to the wet ingredients. Stir together until the flour is well incorporated and the mixture is thickened.
5. Pour into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly. Bake for 55-60 min, or until the center is done. Check it at the 50 minute mark and if done, go ahead and remove. Ultimately, the shape and depth of your loaf pan, your oven, and how much moisture was in the bananas will impact your bake time. So just check the middle after about 45-50 min, adding more time if necessary. Remove when a toothpick comes out clean.
6.. Allow to completely cool before lifting out of the loaf pan by the parchment paper handle and slicing. Store in the refrigerator.